Smile Snacks

Non-caloric~non-fat~just pure un-*adult*-erated fun!

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Up Up And Away

If anyone has been looking for me, the best place to look would have been the astral, the sky, the ozone, the far-away place.

Why? 

The flu bug got me good or bad, depending upon how you look at it.

The good part was I didn't care much about superficial, silly things. 

The bad part was I didn't care about superficial, silly things even though I was sick. Sigh! In other words, I dropped some balls, and one of those balls was this blog! Oh well...'should have', 'would have', 'could have' are some of the things one throws out the window when you've got the flu.

The flu is a weird experience. Priorities get arranged when one isn't feeling well, and everything looks different from the flu perspective.
People, places, and just about everything takes on another hue. You're not really in your body. You're floating somewhere above your body in another zone, and this isn't due to drugs because I didn't do any flu drugs. This is due to the plain old flu. The flu takes you to another place.

The flu is Nature's way of re-arranging our lives and making us value and respect our health. Good health becomes Numero Uno when one isn't feeling that good.  And returning to good health becomes the number one goal....all else becomes secondary.

If you're a neat freak like I am, it is a challenge to maintain a neat-freak world when all you want to do is sleep. So once you get well again and grounded back on Earth, suddenly there are many, many things for a neat freak to do.

Luckily for me, there is great joy in the everyday muppet world.  


And if I had a choice, I'll stack towels and fill the dishwasher any day of the week. Anything and everything is better than the flu.

No comments:

Post a Comment